OPENING OF SACRED PLACES
According to the tradition in the Tibetan Buddhism, realised masters are capable of superhuman feats, called “siddhi”. One manifestation of these powers is revealing hidden meditation caves of great masters of the past, most importantly Guru Padmasambhava.
Rinpoche is widely known for having found and opened several hidden lands of Guru Rinpoche for pilgrimage. The sacred places and meditation caves found and opened by Rinpoche include:
- great caves of Orgyen Phokar Dzong, near Mulbeck in West Ladakh on the way from Leh to Kargil and Srinagar.
- Hidden land of Tarsing Karmo in East Ladakh, where there are the great Guru Rinpoche caves
- abode of the great Shayok glacier river naga king located at the peak of a holy mountain, where he also established an annual festival of offerings and prayers for the Ladakhi people, with several thousand people attending.
- In Basgo, the hidden land of the mandala of Chakrasamvara and Vajrayogini.
- The Gotsangpa and Guru Rinpoche caves. Likewise many holy caves that would be otherwise lost was opened by Rinpoche with the assistance and memories offered by the dharma protectors, and Rinpoche wrote many pilgrimage guides.
With the assistance and memories offered by the dharma protectors, Rinpoche has found these and many other caves that have remained hidden for centuries.
Rinpoche was personally guided by the dharma protector Dorje Yudronma and wrote a pilgrimage guide to the caves, including that of Guru Rinpoche and Yeshe Tsogyal, in which the fortunate child of the dharma may now still obtain Khandro Yeshe Tsogyal’s actual head/body white/black hairs within the secret cave.
Rinpoche has also discovered various earth terma objects including Dakini Lekyi Wangmo’s foot and hand prints on rock. Dakini Lekyi Wangmo is known for having transmitted key teachings to Padmasambhava and Hungkara, of who the 9th Togden Rinpoche is an incarnation of.
Rinpoche also found the self-arisen head image of Guru Dorje Drollo, one of Padmasambhava’s eight manifestations, among many others earth terma findings.